Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Unfinished works in need of a push...

Please read over these unfinished songs/poems. Many these are just random thoughts and ideas that I have written down and made no attempt to polish. I have a bad habit of starting something, and then getting writer's block and not being able to finish it, so I would appreciate any ideas anyone has...

In Loving Memory
- Andrew Williams

a single petal, "she loves me not."
is all thats left here on this stem.
a single phrase, "You'll be sorry."
sets the mood for tonight.

a single dash between your birth and death
(the dates inscribed on your headstone)
the small fraction of a line
is all you're living for



My Needs are More Important than the Fact that You're Gone
- Andrew Williams

Driving these streets alone
the sky is dark and void
remind me of your eyes
before i put the twinkle in them

walking these avenues untold
streetlights cause my shadow to grow
like the list of things
you promised you would do

i don't want to be cheered up
i want you to come be sad with me
"I wish i could..." the "baby" doesn't
have the effect it used to.



Summer Snow
- Andrew Williams

its too early to be this cold
my eyes are dropping like the mercury
i'm falling asleep, i'm getting old
trapped in this freezer, won't you set me free

icicles form on my mouth
the fangs they create melt away with time
hurtful words have been said
a loving look will set things right

when did you get so cold? my ice angel,
you're melting away in the sun of your light
your sad eyes look so old, like Time's angel
fading away in your mind, a disappointing sight

i'm missing you these November nights
there's a pillow left here saved just for you
your heart used to beat with mine
there's a feeling of lonely walking in your shoes



No Title
- Andrew Williams

the sooner we face our backs to the facts
the faster we fall into the arms we trust

but we shall not be caught
by those arms we so trusted

since they, before us, turned face
and jumped



No Title
- Andrew Williams

the time is coming
the trust is building
and i'm measuring up
just to fall short
can i fall short of failure?



Couplet #1
- Andrew Williams

Love is the air i breathe
In and Out

No comments: