Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Here is some of my poetry...

At the moment my life ended,
- Andrew Williams

I saw you --
Smile. Laugh. Cry.
I saw us --
Run. Talk. Love.
I saw me --
Wonder what you will see.



Felt No More
- Andrew Williams

Holes fill my heart
Caused by the loss
Of those once loved.

Pieces are replaced
Filling the void
But leaving some wanting.

Memories are faded
But not quite erased
For the time being.

A smile, a laugh
A glint in someone's eye
All existent but lacking.

A hug, a punch,
A handshake, a tug,
All touches felt no more.

Holes fill my heart
Caused by the loss
Of those once loved.



Phone Call, 4 A.M.
- Andrew Williams

“How are you?”
The question asked automatically,
it’s response insignificant.
A pause,

broken, only by the cliché phrases
so familiar to the touch,
like billowy clouds,
concrete yet fleeting.

The silences are neither
awkward or short.
Nor are they caused
by the sneaking, shadowy Sleep.

Rather, the spaces are filled up with thought.
A never-ending parry, who will strike next?
A race to the Death.
A fight to the Finish,

but I am left behind,
only to watch you drift away.
Sitting in bed,
wishing the phone had rung.



Silent
- Andrew Williams

A silent tear fills my eye,
but my heart cries aloud.
A joyful life has ended,
a loving heart drowned.

A silent tear rolls down my cheek,
but my heart does not believe.
How can it be true, such terrible news?
How can it be right, when it seems so wrong?

A silent tear slides down my face,
but my heart cries out in anger.
It shouldn't have happened, not to her.
But still, it can't be changed.

A silent tear splashes on the ground,
and from my heart lifts a burden.
She won't live on, but her memory will,
in my heart of hearts, that cries out still.



As I Scream
- Andrew Williams

Silent tears pour
And drop onto the ground
Almost unnoticed
But seen by me

Deep breaths echo
Memory of a smile
Fading now
Like the wetness on my cheeks

My heart doesn't believe
Reality sets in
Time stops, freeze
As I scream

1 comment:

unsung_zero said...

Please include anything at all that came to you when you read these poems. I appreciate any feedback at all.
Thank you, Drew